Ryan D. ByersJacksonville, Illinois | Partner |
Ryan D. Byers joined Rammelkamp Bradney in 2008 and currently concentrates his practice in civil litigation. Ryan received a bachelor’s degree in political science with high departmental distinction from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and graduated magna cum laude from the Michigan State University College of Law.
In his litigation practice, Ryan advocates for businesses, individuals, and governmental units in situations such as contract disputes, insurance defense and insurance coverage cases, construction disputes, and collection matters.
In addition to being licensed to practice in state court throughout Illinois, Ryan is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois and is a member of both the general and trial bars of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Ryan is presently a member of the Illinois Association of Trial Defense Counsel, the American Bar Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association in addition to being a past president of the Morgan County Bar Association and presenting seminars on litigation-related matters for the National Business Institute.
- Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2012 (General and Trial Bars)
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan, 2007 J.D.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, 2004 B.A.
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science & Speech Communication
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, 2010 – Present
- Morgan County Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2004 – Present
- Morgan County Bar Association, 2012 – 2013 President
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), 2013 – Present
- Lincoln-Douglas American Inn of Court, 2013 – Present
- Presenter, National Business Institute “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims,” March 28, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, MacMurray College “Social Work 300: Social Justice,” October 28, 2011