Ryan D. Byers joined Rammelkamp Bradney in 2008 and currently concentrates his practice in civil litigation and school law. Ryan received a bachelor’s degree in political science with high departmental distinction from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and graduated magna cum laude from the Michigan State University College of Law.
In his litigation practice, Ryan advocates for both individuals and institutional clients in situations such as personal injury cases, contract disputes, insurance coverage issues, and construction disputes.
In his school law practice Ryan represents school districts in a variety of matters, including construction issues, contract review, and administrative hearings.
In addition to being licensed to practice in state court throughout Illinois, Ryan is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois and is a member of both the general and trial bars of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Ryan is presently a member of the Illinois Association of Trial Defense Counsel, Council of School Attorneys (COSA), the Defense Research Institute (DRI), and the Illinois State Bar Association in addition to being a past president of the Morgan County Bar Association.
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan, 2007 J.D.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, 2004 B.A. Honors: With Honors. Major: Political Science & Speech Communication
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, 2010 – Present
- Morgan County Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2004 – Present
- Morgan County Bar Association, 2012 – 2013 President
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), 2013 – Present
- Lincoln-Douglas American Inn of Court, 2013 – Present
- Council of School Attorneys (COSA), 2015– Present
Honors and Awards
- Land of Lincoln Joseph R. Bartylak Pro Bono Award, Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation (2016)
- Reader’s Choice for Favorite Lawyer in the Jacksonville Area, Jacksonville Journal-Courier (2015)“20 under 40” Distinction, Jacksonville Journal-Courier (2010)
- “Can I stop a Pro Se Parents from Filing Repeated motions for Custody?” Illinois Bar Journal; Volume 103, October 2015
- Presenter, Presenter, National Business Institute “School Accidents and Injuries: Prevention and Response,” May 19, 2020
- Presenter, National Business Institute “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims,” March 28, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, MacMurray College “Social Work 300: Social Justice,” October 28, 2011