H. Allen Yow joined Rammelkamp Bradney in 1989 and concentrates his practice in general litigation, family, and municipal law. Allen is a graduate of Wabash College and earned his Juris Doctor degree from the Southern Illinois University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law in Illinois, Missouri, and before the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Allen’s municipal law practice consists of regularly advising municipalities, school districts, drainage districts, road districts and other units of local government about tax levies, appropriation ordinances, contracts, elections, annexation agreements, and personnel issues. Allen lectures and provides seminars for teachers and school administrators on a variety of subjects including special education and due process procedures, student discipline, student bullying, and the Illinois School Student Records Act. He also gives programs concerning issues impacting Illinois drainage districts.
His general litigation practice includes insurance defense, mortgage foreclosures, and contract cases, as well as representing landowners in disputes involving boundary lines and adverse possession. Allen’s Family law practice covers divorces, post-dissolution proceedings, and adoptions.
From 2010 through 2018, Allen was a member of the Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness for the Fourth District and served as its Chairman in 2018.
In addition to his law practice, Allen is one of the co-owners of Morgan County Abstract Company, Cass County Abstract Company, Scott County Abstract Company, and Menard County Abstract Company.
- Illinois, 1989
- Missouri, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1992
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois,1989 J.D. Honors: Recipient, Lawyers Publishing Company Award for the Study of Family Law, Law Journal: Southern Illinois University Law Journal, Student Articles Editor, 1988 – 1989
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana, 1986 A.B.
- University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland 1984-1985, Honors: First Class Certificate of Merit for the Study of Social Anthropology II
- Aegean Institute, Poros, Greece Summer 1983
- Filing of General Appearance does not Waive Jurisdictional Objection, ISBA’s Section on General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Newsletter, Vol. 35, No. 4, 2006
- “All Collection Costs” does not Mean Attorney Fees, ISBA’s Section on General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Newsletter, Vol. 34, No. 4, 2006
- Home Repair and Remodeling Contractors Beware!, ISBA’s Section on General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Newsletter, Vol. 34, No. 6, 2006
- 5/22/19 National Business Institute Seminar in Peoria, IL entitled “Illinois Special Education Laws”; specific topics presented: “Unraveling the Requirements of the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)” and “Ensuring Successful Due Process Procedures”
- 7/12/19 Illinois Association of School Boards’ New Board Member Professional Development Leadership Training (PDLT/PERA) Workshop in Springfield, Illinois
- 1/17/20 “Managing the District’s Records”, Illinois Association of Drainage Districts 2020 Annual Conference in Bloomington, Illinois
- 1/17/20 Member of Attorney & Engineer Panel Discussion, Illinois Association of Drainage Districts 2020 Annual Conference in Bloomington, Illinois