Forrest G. KeatonJacksonville, Illinois | Partner |
Forrest G. Keaton joined Rammelkamp Bradney in 1982 and concentrates in corporate, utility cooperative, and insurance law.
He earned a bachelor’s degree summa cum laude from Bradley University and his juris doctor degree cum laude from the University of Illinois. Forrest is admitted to practice in Illinois and Iowa, and before the U. S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. He is a retired reserve judge advocate having served on active duty in the U.S. Air Force and in the Air Force Reserve from 1982 through 2007.
Forrest is past president of the Morgan County Bar Association, a member of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, and a member of the Lincoln-Douglas American Inn of Court. He served on the Committee on Character and Fitness appointed by the Supreme Court of Illinois from 2002 through 2009. From 1992-1994, he served on the Insurance Law Section Council of the Illinois State Bar Association.
- In 1982
- Illinois, 1977
- Iowa, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1993
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois, 1977 J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: Dean Harno Scholar
- Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, 1974 B.A.
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science
- Northcutt v. Chapman, 353 III. App.3d 970, 289 Ill. Dec. 380, 819 N.E.2d 1180 (4th Dist. 2004)
- Harris v. Cropmate Company, 302 III. App. 3d 364, 706 N.E. 2d 55 (4th Dist 1999)
- Woods v. Cole, 285 III. App. 3d 721, 675 N.E. 2d 132 (4th Dist 1997)
- Woods v. Cole, 181 III. 2d 512, 693 N.E. 2d 333 (1998)
- Ted Harrison Oil Company v. Dokka, 247 III. App. 3d 791, 617 N.E. 2d 898 (4th. Dist. 1993)
- Pruitt v. Jockisch, 228 III. App. 3d 295, 591 N.E. 2d 942 (4th Dist. 1992)
- Garde by Garde v. Country Life Insurance, 147 III. App. 3d 1023, 498 N.E. 2d 292 (4th Dist. 1986)
- Garde v. American Family Life Insurance, 147 III. App. 3d 1034, 498 N.E. 2d 292 (4th Dist. 1986)
- Lincoln-Douglas American Inn of Court, 2002 – present
- Association of Illinois Defense Counsel, 1982 – present
- Judge Advocate, United States Air Force, 1977 – 1982
- Judge Advocate, United States Air Force Reserve, 1982 – 2007