Amy L. JacksonJacksonville, Illinois | Partner
Amy L. Jackson joined Rammelkamp Bradney in 2002 and concentrates her practice in insurance defense litigation, workers’ compensation defense, employment law, and environmental law. Amy earned a bachelor’s degree from Illinois Wesleyan University and her law degree from St. Louis University School of Law.
In 2006, Amy was appointed by the Jacksonville City Council to serve as the Administrative Adjudication Officer for the then newly formed Jacksonville Municipal Court. Amy has continued serving in this capacity since that time and has seen a remarkable increase in the number of cases adjudicated in Municipal Court.
Before her affiliation with Rammelkamp Bradney, Amy was a member of the Illinois Attorney General’s Environmental Enforcement Division where she was responsible for pursuing and prosecuting violations of the Environmental Protection Act throughout Central and Southern Illinois.
She was also an attorney with the Illinois Pollution Control Board. While at the Board, Amy oversaw significant rule makings, such as the Tiered Approach to Corrective Action Objectives (TACO), as well as the statewide hearings to examine development and regulation of gas-fired electric generating “peaker” facilities. Amy is licensed in Illinois and Missouri.
- In 2002
- Illinois, 1994
- Missouri, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1996
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 1993 J.D.
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois, 1990 B.A.
- Major: History
- Minor: Spanish
- Cissna v. Straube, ,4th Dist. App. Ct. Appeal No. 04-09-0223 (2009)
- People v. Bishop, 315 Ill. App. 3d 976 (5th Dist. Appellate – IL 2000)
- State ex rel. Norman v. Dalton, 872 S.W.2d 888 (Eastern District – MO 1994)
- “What Every Business Needs to Know about Environmental Law”, Rammelkamp Bradney, PC, 2003
- “2005 – 2006 Amendments to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act”, Rammelkamp Bradney, PC, 2007
- “Three Tools of the Trade – IME, FCE, Voc. Rehab”, Rammelkamp Bradney, PC, 2008
- “Landlord/Tenant Issues”, MORE Real Estate Investment Group, 2008
- The Art Association of Jacksonville, 2003 – Present (Board of Directors)
- Passavant Area Hospital, Board of Directors (2004 – 2012)
- Jacksonville Theater Guild, Board of Directors (2012 – Present)
- Missouri Bar, 1993 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2002 – Present
- Morgan County Bar Association, 2002 – Present
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, 2005 – Present
- Defense Research Institute, 2006 – Present
- Illinois Pollution Control Board, Attorney to Board Chair and Hearing Officer, 1997 – 2002
- Illinois Attorney General’s Environmental Enforcement Division, Assistant Attorney General, 1994 – 1997
- Amelung, Wulff, & Willenbrock, P.C., Associate Attorney and Law Clerk, 1991 – 1994